9 July 2018
Kaihū River Working Group Record of Actions
Chairman, Councillor John Bain
Te Houhanga Marae representative, Des Subritzky
NRC Kaipara Representative, Councillor Penny Smart
NRC Rivers and Natural Hazards Manager, Joseph Camuso
NRC Land Management Advisor, Imogen Field
NRC (Record Taker), Nola Sooner
Landowner, Bryce Wyatt
Apologies (Item 1.0)
The apologies from Te Roroa Representatives, Snow Tane and Sharon Murray, and NRC GM Environmental Services, Bruce Howse, were accepted.
Secretarial Note: Ian Lupton
A Minute’s silence was held in memory of Ian Lupton who had passed away since the last meeting. His valuable contribution as the Ratepayer Representative Area 2 (Floodplain – Rotu Bottleneck to Dargaville) was acknowledged. He will be sadly missed.
Moved (Subritzky / Bain
1. That John Murray is appointed ratepayer representative for Area 1 Class A rated land on the floodplain; and
2. That Bryce Wyatt is appointed ratepayer representative for Area 2 Class B rated land on the floodplain.
Agreed Action point
· Kaipara District Council – representative - Letter to be sent to the Mayor of Kaipara District Council requesting that a Councillor is appointed to the Kaihu River Working Group. Action: Jonathan Santos
RECORD OF ACTIONS OF PREVIOUS MEETING
The Record of Actions of the previous meeting held on 6 September 2017 was accepted as read.
MATTERS ARISING FROM RECORD OF ACTIONS
Agreed Action points
· Obtain costings from staff at NRC on poplar removal and circulate to Kaihu River Working Group members. Action: Jonathan Santos
· Deferred from previous meeting - Schedule Barney Brotherhood to survey gravel islands on the Kaihu River that were extracted last time and calculate a volume of new gravel. Action: Barney Brotherhood/Joseph Camuso
· Analysis not to spray Bull Rush Island at Aratapu – It was noted staff will contact Kaipara District Council to ascertain if this work falls within KDC’s work area and if that is not the case, then it will be added to the list of minor river works prioritised to be undertaken by NRC. Action: Jonathan Santos
2017/2018 BUDGET & WORKS UPDATE/2018-2019 BUDGET AND PROPOSED WORKS PROGRAMME
Agreed action point
· Spraying to be undertaken by helicopter and for any small areas not accessible by helicopter, staff will arrange for those areas to be sprayed by boat. Action: Jonathan Santos
NORTHLAND IRRIGATION STUDY UDPATE
Secretarial Note: Councillor Penny Smart left the meeting at 11.50 am.
NORTHERN WAIROA FRESHWATER IMPROVEMENT FUND PROJECT
The meeting concluded at 12 noon.