Risk and Health and Safety Working Party

11 June 2019

Risk and Health and Safety Working Party Record of Actions

 

Meeting held in the Whale Bay Room

36 Water Street, Whangārei

on Tuesday 11 June 2019, commencing at 8.30am

 

 

Present:

Chairman, Councillor Paul Dimery

Councillor Joce Yeoman

 

In Attendance:

Full Meeting

NRC Chief Executive

GM, Corporate Excellence

Part Meeting

Councillor Rick Stolwerk

 

 

The meeting commenced at 8.35am.

Apologies (Item 1.0)

Councillor Bill Shepherd.

 

Review of Risk Register (Item 3.1)

Presented by: GM, Corporate Excellence

Discussion had around the top six on risk register.

 No 1. On Risk Register Sustainable Solvents – Progress has been slow.

No 2 Maori land & impact on rating income – no change

No 3 High dependence on non-rating income – Changes being made to SIPO currently under active review.

No 4.  Treaty settlement risk – anticipating becoming a higher risk

No 5. Climate risk –Risk of not acting on information. 

No 6. Risk of cyber security – New system should help alleviate risk. Deloitte being engaged as part of yearend audit process to look at IT maturity model. Cyber Insurance to increase from $1M to $2M upon renewal.

Secretarial Note: 8.55am Rick Stolwerk joined the meeting.

Agreed action points:

·                1. GM, Regulatory Services to give weekly updates

·                4. Treaty Settlement to be move up to no 2 on risk register and Consequence to be changed to from 4 to 2.

·                5. NRC Chief Executive to confirm all information has been given to TA’s on climate change.

·                6.GM, Corporate excellence to ask cost of $5M for cyber insurance.

·                Comments to be updated in risk register

 

Manage Funds risk update (Item 3.2)

Presented by: GM, Corporate Excellence

Secretarial Note: Item 3.2 Manage funds risk update covered off in item 3.1 Review of risk register no 3.

Agreed action points:

·                Leave until review is complete.

 

Sustainable Solvents (Item 3.3)

Presented by: GM, Corporate Excellence

Secretarial Note: Item 3.3 Sustainable Solvents covered off in item 3.1 no 1 in the Risk Register.

Agreed action points:

·                Noted in item 3.1 no 1 in agreed action points.

 

Health & Safety update (Item 3.4)

Presented by: Lee-Anne Durling

Secretarial Note: 9.15am Lee-Anne Durling joined the meeting and H&S presentation update was tabled.

Items covered off in presentation were Priorities, Risk Management, Training, Policies, Contractor engagement, New starter Induction, Express/Objective, Traffic Management, Others included Occupational Health monitoring, ProMapp, SafePlus, Workstation self-assessment, Flu Vaccinations & Skin checks, Online Incident report form.

Plan has been put into place going forward around H & S Risk Register, Training, Policies, Contractor engagement, Express/Objective.

To be continued, Traffic management, ProMapp, Hazardous substance, Occupational Health Monitoring, 12-month review schedule.

Cognise -e-learning module put into place for H&S induction.

Have engaged Fullen Hogan to develop traffic management plans. Interim process has been put in to place.

 

 

 

Agreed action points:

·                H & S committee to drive the H&S risk register review

 

TLA's ignoring our flood inundation maps (Item 3.5)

Presented by: Paul Dimery

Secretarial Note: Item 3.5 covered off as part of Item 3.1 no 5 on Risk Register

Agreed action points:

·                Noted in Item 3.1 Action no 6.

 

 

The meeting concluded at 9.55am.