11 December 2020
Te Oneroa-a-Tōhe Board Minutes
Tuhinga: Haami Piripi Te Rūnanga o Te Rarawa (Chair)
Cr Mate Radich Far North District Council (Dep Chair)
Graeme Neho Ngāti Kuri Trust Board
Waitai Petera Te Rūnanga Nui o Te Aupouri Trust (via Zoom)
Wallace Rivers NgaiTakoto
Cr Marty Robinson Northland Regional Council
Hon John Carter QSO Far North District Council (via Zoom)
I Tae Mai: Huihuinga i te katoa | Full Meeting
Sheila Taylor NRC - Kaiārahi Kaupapa Māori
Auriole Ruka NRC - Kaiwhakahaere Hononga Māori
Arama Morunga NRC - Kaiārahi Tikanga Māori
Rachael King NRC - Planning & Policy Admin (minutes) (via Zoom)
Rachel Ropiha FNDC - Team Leader, Māori Relationships
Teresa Burkhardt FNDC – Policy Planner
George Riley Te Rūnanaga o Te Rarawa
James (Chum) Murray Ngāti Kuri
The Chair declared the meeting open at 10.13am
1.0 KARAKIA TIMATANGA ME WHAKATAU
Neho / Piripi / Robinson
2.0 NGĀ WHAKAPAHĀ | APOLOGIES
Moved (Radich / Neho)
That the apology from Colin Kitchen for non-attendance be received.
3.0 NGĀ WHAKAPUAKANGA | DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
The Chair advised that he has been asked to lead a national committee to overhaul welfare – He Matanga
It was advised that members should make further declarations item-by-item as the meeting progressed.
4.0 WHAKĀE NGĀ MINITI | CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
4.1 Confirmation of Minutes
Report from Rachael King, Board Secretary
Moved (Radich / Robinson)
THAT the minutes of the Te Oneroa-a-Tōhe Board meeting held on 23 November 2020 be confirmed as a true and correct record.
4.2 Matters Arising
Discussion took place regarding vehicular access to the beach
5.0 NGĀ RIMITI | ITEMS
5.1 Approval of Te Rautaki o Te Oneroa-a-Tōhe, Ninety Mile Beach Management Plan
Report from Sheila Taylor, Kaiārahi Kaupapa Māori
Moved (Radich / Rivers)
1. That the report ‘Approval of Te Rautaki o Te Oneroa-a-Tōhe, Ninety Mile Beach Management Plan’ by Sheila Taylor, Kaiārahi Kaupapa Māori and dated 3 December 2020, be received.
2. That the Iwi members of the Board approve the Draft Reserve Management Plans (Attachments 2 - 5):
i. Te Oneroa-a-Tōhe Kōhangatī ki Waīkanae Beach Site A (Attachment 2)
ii. Te Oneroa-a-Tōhe Waīmāhuru ki Hukatere Beach Site B (Attachment 3)
iii. Te Oneroa-a-Tōhe Hukatere ki Waīmoho Beach Site C (Attachment 4)
iv. Te Oneroa-a-Tōhe Waīmoho ki Waīmimihā Beach Site D (Attachment 5);
3. That the Board approve the Beach Management Plan on the following conditions:
a) approve minor amendments suggested
b) iwi representatives review and approve the content of the new section E – Spirits Pathway
4. That the Iwi members of the board and the Board delegate to Haami Piripi or Graeme Neho approval of minor changes to the content, formatting and graphical layout of the final Reserve Management Plans A, B, C and D as well as the Beach Management Plan itself.
5. That the Iwi members of the Board delegate to Haami Piripi or Graeme Neho approval of the final design versions of Reserve Management Plans A, B, C and D as well as the Beach Management Plan itself.
6. That the Management Plans described in items 2 and 3 become operative on 25 January 2021.
7. That the Board approve up to $1,000 to publicly notify the final management plans as per treaty settlement legislation “Approval and notification of beach management plan”
8. That the Board delegates to the Chair of Te Oneroa-a-Tōhe Board the authority to approve written or scripted public notification material.
9. That the Board approve up to $5,000 to print the Final Beach Management Plan and Reserve Management Plans A, B C and D.
10. That Te Oneroa-a-Tōhe Board delegates authority to Ben Lee (Group Manager - Strategy, Governance and Engagement of the Northland Regional Council), authority to approve expenditure, in accordance with Board resolutions 7 and 9.
The meeting closed at 12.20pm