31 March 2021
Chairperson, Colin Kitchen
Councillor Amy Macdonald
Councillor Joce Yeoman
Ex-Officio Penny Smart
Independent Audit & Risk Advisor Danny Tuato'o
Independent Financial Advisor Stuart Henderson
GM - Corporate Excellence
PA- Corporate Excellence
Information Services and Technology Manager
Operations & Services Delivery Manager
Corporate Services Champion
Human Resource Manager
Chief Executive Officer
Councillor Jack Craw
The Chair declared the meeting open at 10.01am.
Apologies (Ngā whakapahā) (Item 1.0)
Moved (Smart / Yeoman)
That the apologies from Councillor Rick Stolwerk for non-attendance be received.
It was advised that members should make declarations item-by-item as the meeting progressed.
Report from Beryl Steele, Human Resources Manager
That the presentations:
4.1 Health & Safety update
HR Manger went through the Health & Safety presentation update on behalf of the H&S Advisor. A number of areas of concerns raised one being staff welfare – workload and what is being done in this area.
Action – Councillors to be invited to a situational safety and tactical comms training to learn tools on handling aggressive customers.
Action – GM Corporate Excellence to develop on a governance reporting document for the main pillars of Health & Safety using Red, Amber, Green. (RAG) reporting system and present back to the Audit & Risk Subcommittee meetings.
Confirmation of Minutes - 2 December 2020 (Item 5.1)
Report from Judith Graham, Corporate Excellence P/A
That the minutes of the Audit & Risk Subcommittee meeting held on 2 December 2020 be confirmed as a true and correct record.
Report from Kym Ace, Corporate Systems Champion
1. That the report ‘Governance Strategic Risks’ by Kym Ace, Corporate Systems Champion and dated 11 March 2021, be received.
2. That That the Audit and Risk subcommittee review the Risk Environmental Scan, make any amendments considered necessary, and advise on the trends and the future action to manage these
Action – Governance Strategic Risk to be discussed at the Council Risk workshop on the 6th April 2021
Secretarial Note: 10.38am Councillor Terry Archer and Finance Manager joined the meeting.
Business with Public Excluded (Item 5.0)
1. That the public be excluded from the proceedings of this meeting to consider confidential matters.
2. That the general subject of the matters to be considered whilst the public is excluded, the reasons for passing this resolution in relation to this matter, and the specific grounds under the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987 for the passing of this resolution, are as follows:
3. That the Independent Financial Advisors be permitted to stay during business with the public excluded.
The meeting concluded at 11.30am