Taumarere Flood Management Working Group

Friday 6 August 2021 at 10.00am

 

 

AGENDA

 


Taumarere Flood Management Working Group

6 August 2021

Taumarere Flood Management Working Group Agenda

 

Meeting to be held in the Otiria Rugby Club

Kingi Road, Moerewa

on Friday 6 August 2021, commencing at 10.00am

 

Please note: working parties and working groups carry NO formal decision-making delegations from council. The purpose of the working party/group is to carry out preparatory work and discussions prior to taking matters to the full council for formal consideration and decision-making. Working party/group meetings are open to the public to attend (unless there are specific grounds under LGOIMA for the public to be excluded).

 

MEMBERSHIP OF THE Taumarere Flood Management Working Group

Co-Chair, Councillor Justin Blaikie

 

 

RĪMITI (Item)                                                                                                                                                                  Page

1.0       Housekeeping

2.0       apologies   

3.0       Confirmation of minutes from previous meeting

- Attachment 1

4.0       matters arising

5.0      Updated Terms of reference

6.0       Turntable Hill Update

             A. Planting Programme

             B. Kohatu Mauri – Mauri stone

             c. ranfurly road options

            

7.0      WORKS UPDATE – 2021/22

8.0       COUNCIL LTP DECISION

- Email attachment 2

9.0       Otiria/moerewa flood mitigation spillway

10.0    Fly-over and 3D video

11.0    Proposed works – 2021/22

12.0    Budget

             - Email attachment 3

 

13.0    Any other business    

 

 

 

 

ATTACHMENT 1

 

Taumarere Flood Management Working Group Record of Actions

 

Meeting held in the Otiria Rugby Club

on Friday 23 April 2021, commencing at 10:00am

 

Present:

Co-Chair, Councillor Justin Blaikie

 

In Attendance:

Full Meeting

Peter Woods

Susan Henare

Troy Smith

Andrew de Lisle

Nisha Marsh

Pamela Anne Ngohe-Smith

Sam Davis

Jonathan Gibbard

Joseph Camuso

Matthew Jolly

Leah Porter

 

The meeting commenced at 10:16.

Apologies (Item 3.0)

Warren Feek; Jacqui Hori-Hoult; Richard Cookson; Ngahau Davis; Mike Butler; Cr. Kelly Stratford; Malcolm Nicolson; Rowena Tana; Laurel Pratt; Hiku Taylor; Manuwai Wells; John Harawene; Eric Hennephof

 

Record of Actions – 27 January 2021 (Item 3.1)

Presented by: Justin Blaikie

Agreed action points:

·                Update Action tracking sheet with the actions to be carried over – Administrator

·                Update member details in Infocouncil - Administrator

 

Otiria Update (Item 3.2)

Presented by: Joseph Camuso

Agreed action points:

·                Email powerpoint to members and seek support for proposal– provide Zoom meeting opportunity

 

Kawakawa Update (Item 3.3)

Presented by: Joseph Camuso

Agreed action points:

·                Email powerpoint to members and seek support for proposal– provide Zoom meeting opportunity

 

Terms of Reference Review (Item 3.4)

Presented by: Jonathan Gibbard

Agreed action points:

·                NRC staff to work through TOR updates and seek approval from Council

·                Pamela-Anne Ngohe-Simon confirmed as preferred representative for Otiria Rugby Club

·                Sam Davis to be added to the membership as a Landowner

·                Waiomo representative(s) to send confirmation of endorsement to Joseph Camuso

 

Any Other Business (Item 4.0)

·         FNDC Update – Troy Smith

o   Stormwater Update – investigations underway for stormwater network. Soakage testing is now complete and added to models. Surveying will be undertaken to identify houses at risk of flooding. Borehole tests will be undertaken

·         Desire from the group to have the url for published minutes to be circulated alongside the minutes

·         Will look to hold some hui on marae

Agreed action points:

·                Update email list after each meeting to capture all interested parties - Administrator

·                Check all minutes from the last 18 months have been published - Administrator

 

Conclusion

The meeting concluded at 12:15.